Adam Scott from Shift Action https://www.shiftaction.ca/ joined us to talk about opportunities to advance efforts towards protecting pensions and the climate.
- PDF Of Presentation
- Link to Shift’s Canada’s Pension Funds and Climate Risk: A Baseline for Engagement
- Recording of Webinar
Some of the key questions that could be asked of pensions funds include:
- How does the pension fund presently invest in low carbon companies/opportunities?
- How does the pension fund currently manage/report on the climate risks of its investments?
- Does the pension fund ask/demand its investments report Climate Related Financial Disclosures?
- Does the pension fund disclose its climate risk via the TCFD? or does it plan to in the future?
- CPA Canada and the cities of Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are working together to advance municipal climate risk disclosures and a Guidance document will be available sometime in early 2020.
If there are additional questions that you think should be asked just let me know and we can track and share them over time. firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Scott contact information: email@example.com