April 6th, 2018 – Webinar Consultations
- Draft Presentation for Climate Change and Official Plan Consultation
- Compilation of Climate Change Language in OPs thus far (NOTE: This is not at all comprehensive and is simply an attempt to understand where we are at present and not meant to provide guidance on where we should be setting the bar for minimum climate change integration into OPs.
- Next Steps and To Dos: 1. CAP to set up a Planning 101 presentation to help inform CAC member participants with the Planning background on the OPs strengths, limitations, how Plan integration with OPs could/should work; 2. reach out to partners identified thus far/gather additional partner from network that we need to add to our partner list; and 3. Bring together CAC members and partners for a next step consultation to better identify priority action items for climate change OP integration.
- Draft of Chart to Further Explore what Bringing Climate Change into OPs from different levels of government means (Regional, Local, Single-Tier)
Seeking Guidance on any of the following
- Where the processes and directions provided thus far make sense, where they do not, what is missing?
- What guidance and supports would be of value?
- What are the risks that we should watch out for?
- What collaboration across municipalities would be of value? Across governments?
- If there is value in collaboration what should the focus of collaboration be?
- What are the outcomes you want that collaboration to serve?
- Collectively develop language?
- Climate change language compilation?
- Other questions we should be asking?