Health Vulnerability Assessments & Climate Resilience Opportunities Workshop
Date: Friday November 10th, 2017
This workshop brought together stakeholders who are developing/have developed health vulnerability assessments and/or resources and guidance for the development of health vulnerability assessments. We explored inputs, processes, results and next steps associated with health vulnerability assessments that have been undertaken.
This workshop also explored how these vulnerability assessments are informing Climate Adaptation Plans and the development of interventions to address vulnerabilities and provide an opportunity for discussion related to assessing the potential for the transferability of health vulnerability assessment processes and interventions.
Health Vulnerability Assessment Guidance & Resources
- Meeting and Discussion Notes
- Noor Shahid, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care: Ontario Climate Change and Health Toolkit (pdf of presentation) (video of presentation)
- Peter Berry and Anna Yusa, Health Canada: Health Vulnerability Supports in Ontario and Nationally (pdf of presentation)
Health Vulnerability Assessments: Inputs, Processes, Results, Lessons Learned, Next Steps
- Louise Aubin, Peel Public Health (pdf of presentation) (video of presentation)
- Sally Radisic and Brian Montgomery, City of Hamilton Public Health (pdf of presentation) (video of presentation)
- Morgan Levison, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (pdf of presentation) (video of presentation)
Resources (more resources are linked within the meeting notes)
- US CDC’s Climate Change and Health Intervention Assessment Report
- US CDC’s Cooling Centres Review 2017